Legal Associate / Senior Associate (Corporate)
|Job Title:||Legal Associate / Senior Associate (Corporate)|
|Contact Name:||Mildred Ambrose|
|Job Published:||November 18, 2016 15:13|
LEGAL ASSOCIATE / SENIOR ASSOCIATE (Corporate)
Leading International legal firm is seeking a motivated and dynamic Legal Associate for their Corporate Team in Singapore.
The successful candidate will work closely with Partners, Senior Associates, Associates within the Corporate Team and other colleagues across the organization. This role offers the opportunity to work on a diverse portfolio of high quality international and local corporate legal matters for a variety of private and public sector clients.
Work on and manage a variety of cross-border corporate matters including corporate legal advisory (i.e. compliance, corporate governance, risks, regulatory advice and general advice), commercial, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, takeovers, corporate structuring, private-public partnerships, capital raisings, due diligence, drafting and /or review of documents, negotiations for large, high profile private and public sector clients.
- Business and Client Development:
- being involved in business and client development initiatives including marketing, business development, market research and updates, formal pitches, etc.
- meeting with clients to clearly understand their legal issues and matters.
- working with team in providing high quality legal advice on all aspects of the legal documentation/matters from the initial stage through to completion and post-closing.
- working with clients and playing a lead role on all key aspects of transactions, including reviewing, drafting, negotiating all legal documents; and ensuring a smooth transactional close.
- Liaising closely with clients, colleagues and all other stakeholders and managing all assigned projects.
- Leading and mentoring junior team members and project managing all matters from start to completion.
- Assisting with and contributing to the Corporate Team's best practices and knowledge management.
- Singapore-Qualified lawyer with a LLB (or law degree) and/or other qualifications (if any).
- At least 3 - 7 years of post-qualification experience across a range of legal corporate areas preferably within a top-tier Singapore or International Legal Firm.
- Strong client-focus, passionate, highly responsible, driven, proactive and hardworking individual with good business acumen, ability to meet demanding deadlines, motivation to succeed and advance his/her career within an International Legal Firm.
- Client-focused with high initiative, curiosity, determination for excellence and the ability to quickly comprehend legal concepts and provide valuable solutions.
- Able and committed to understand and respond expeditiously to clients' needs, provide advice and negotiate confidently across a diverse range of matters; and build strong, long-term client relationships.
- Enthusiastic team-player who is willing to take on new challenges and works well independently and within a team.
- Willing to learn and expand legal (and other related) knowledge, expertise and experience; and be groomed for regional and international work.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and language (i.e., English language - verbal and written) skills.
- Willing to travel, if required.
To find out about more opportunities, please visit us at www.focuscoregroup.com Mildred Ambrose FocusCore EA License No: 16S8145 - Registration No R1109315
Registration No: R1109315
To find out about more opportunities, please visit www.singapore.focuscoregroup.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's