Our client is one of the prestigious global asset management brand - managing 60 billion in asset worldwide. In view of expansion, they are looking for an experienced Japanese-speaking Systems Engineer to support their team. This role will be based in Japan.
The Senior Systems Engineer will be someone who is technically strong with troubleshooting, such as a desktop PC or Windows exchange server. This individual will also be responding to daily IT incidents logged in the helpdesk system and ensuring calls are resolved. This individual will also be overseeing both Japan and US when it comes to server administration and monitoring of systems while liaising closely with global IT teams in Hong Kong, London and US.
- Minimum Degree in Computer Science / IT or equivalent
- At least 5 years' experience running a helpdesk operation and administering a Wintel environment
- Ability to converse in professional Japanese is a must due to nature of clients
- Proven expertise in VMWare & virtualization, MS Office 2010 & 2013, Office 365, hardware/software maintenance and troubleshooting
- Experience with designing and administering infrastructure (e.g. Windows 2012) and Exchange 2013
- Experience with VOIP telephony and video conferencing
- Experience supporting Blackberry, iPhone and Android devices will be preferred
- Ability to multi-task and manage projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills